PALMA CEIA

This beautiful and thriving area in South Tampa was named after a popular swimming hole near Bayshore named Palma Ceia Springs. In 1907, The Tampa Bay Land Company started selling home sites in Palma Ceia for an incredibly low price of $100.

 

Some time later, in 1916, the Palma Ceia Golf and Country Club opened and the area started to grow fairly rapidly. It was in the 1920’s that most of the neighborhoods were first developed.
Located around the Palma Ceia Golf Course and Country Club, Golf View is the community that borders the golf course on the north and west sides, and Palma Ceia borders the golf course on the south.

 

The Golf View neighborhood is filled with brick paved streets and full of Bungalows and Mediterranean style homes. Golf View is almost exclusively traditional architecture with numerous stately brick homes and this is where you will find most of the larger homes.
Palm Ceia has more opportunity for development.



Palma Ceia_Country Club