28 Jul Maryland Manor – Virginia Park. In the Heart of South Tampa
The Maryland Manor – Virginia Park neighborhoods lie in the heart of South Tampa, regarded by many as the most exclusive part of the city. Trendy Palma Ceia is to the east. Quiet, European-esque Sunset Park & Sunset Isles lies to the east. Modest Fair Oaks borders the south.
Dotted with parks, recreational centers, nearby culture, the area’s highly rated public schools and proliferation of private schools, Maryland Manor and Virginia Park attracts families from all over.
The centrally located Maryland Manor – Virginia Park area is minutes from Downtown Tampa, a quick commute to the airport and the beaches to the west and communities to the east, making it the central hub for many professionals.
Maryland Manor boundaries are roughly Manhattan Avenue to the west, Santiago Street/Palmira Avenue to the north, Vasconia Street to the south and Lois Avenue/Grady Avenue to the east.
Virginia Park boundaries are Dale Mabry Highway/Himes Ave. to the east, Manhattan Avenue to the west, Euclid Avenue to the south, and Palmira Avenue/Bay to Bay Boulevard to the north.
Post World War II, the area now known as Maryland Manor was mostly uninhabited pine trees. With the post-war economic boom, an increased demand for real estate in Tampa resulted in clearing the land for development and Maryland Manor was established in the 1950s.
Maryland Manor and Virginia Park’s central location in South Tampa gives it an eclectic mix of architecture. A trip through these neighborhoods will find bungalows, ranch style homes, postage-stamp brick homes, and large homes with custom architecture and features.
With its proximity to downtown, SoHo, Westshore and other dining destinations, Maryland Manors and Virginia Park are a cuisine lover’s dream. Many of the area’s finest dining destinations are just a short drive away.
Nearby shopping in the South Tampa area is a breeze. Homeowners enjoy countless boutiques and the upscale International Plaza moments away.
South Tampa is home to the new Glazers Children’s Museum, Nationally Ranked Lowry Park Zoo, Florida Aquarium and Performing Arts Center.
Things to Do
- Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo: 7530 North Boulevard, 33604
- Florida Aquarium: 701 Channelside Drive, 33602
- Big Cat Rescue: 12802 Easy Street, 33625
- Busch Gardens 3000 East Busch Blvd, 33612
- Tampa Bay Times Forum 401 Channelside Drive, 33602
- Hyde Park Village Swann and Dakota Avenues, 33606
- Tampa Bay History Center 801 Old Water Street, 33602
- Raymond James Stadium 4201 N Dale Mabry Hwy, 33607
- Adventure Island 4500 Bougainvillea Avenue, 33612
- Steinbrenner Field 1 Steinbrenner Drive, 33614
- Tampa Convention Center 333 S Franklin St, 33602
- Henry B. Plant Museum 401 West Kennedy Boulevard, 33602
- Glazer Children’s Museum 110 West Gasparilla Plaza, 33602
- Hyde Park 705 Swann Ave, 33606
If Maryland Manor – Virginia Park sounds like the right neighborhood for your custom home building project, use the handy button below to set up a free consultation with us to learn more about the neighborhood and our expertise in building custom homes in this neighborhood. You can also learn more about schools in the area using the school locator button.