30 Dec 7 Weekly Habits for a Healthier Home in 2018. Happy New Year!
It’s a new year and time for some new year’s resolutions. One that you might not consider, but can make a difference for you and your family is resolve to have a healthier home in 2018.
New custom homes are healthier because they are built with the latest in design, materials and technology, but there are some good habits you can initiate in each week to kick off the year that will make your home an even healthier place for you and your family.
Weekly Habits for a Healthier Home
- Sunday: Make this your day for washing your pillows and sheets in hot water. The hot water will both kill the germs and reduce the dust.
- Monday: Do an audit on perishable items in the refrigerator. Check on things like meat, dairies, veggies and fruits or anything else that will perish quickly. Leftovers that are over four days old should be thrown out.
- Tuesday: Put all of your sponges in the dishwasher and wash them on your hottest cycle to disinfect them, without wasting them.
- Wednesday: Boil your toothbrush to kill any germs and bacteria. A good rule of thumb is that if you are just getting over being sick, throw away your toothbrush and get a new one. It’s better safe to keep any lingering germs in the trash.
- Thursday: Use a disinfectant spray and wipe down your fridge and microwave handle, as well as the light switches. This will help to keep germs from spreading if there are any sick ones in the house.
- Friday: Celebrate the weekend by paying it forward with a random favor for your neighbor or someone in your home. It will not only make them feel better, but you as well!
- Saturday: Open your shades and let any or all-natural light into your home. This helps boost you and your family’s mood!
These small tips can be done each day of the week and will make a big impact on your health and the health of your family during 2018 and beyond.
Consider this blog post one of our way of sharing a new year’s resolution that can have a lasting impact. Happy New Year!