25 Feb The 20 Simple Tricks for Spring Cleaning Made Easy
Spring Cleaning Made Easy?
Well, lets start with the name. Spring cleaning sounds easy, but it really has a bad name. Is sounds fresh, and airy, which is what you want when you are finished. However, that’s anything but easy to achieve… unless you have these 20 simple tricks from BuzzFeed Life that make it so much easier.
Ready? Let’s get started.
The 20 Simple Tricks for Spring Cleaning Made Easy
Use a dustpan to fill up a tub of water for mopping.
2. Clean your toilet with Coke.
Don’t worry, it won’t look that horrifying for long. Directions here.
3. Use a lemon to get rid of water stains.
4. Dryer sheets will remove buildup from glass.
From Real Simple.
7. Get pet fur off a carpet or furniture with a window squeegee.
What animal is that even from?
13. Make everything in your fridge organized and easily accessible.
14. Store condiments in an egg carton to prevent spills.
15. Fold your shirts vertically to save space and maximize visibility.
16. Properly fold a fitted sheet.
Swap out flannel for cotton now that it’s actually warm enough.
18. Vacuum-seal bulky winter clothes and blankets for easy storage.
They’ll be as good as the day you put them away come next winter (not that you want to think about next winter).
19. Use the hanger trick to get rid of clothes you don’t wear anymore.
Hang all your clothes so your hangers face backward. When you wear something, turn the hanger around. After a year, if something is still on a backward hanger, give it away.
20. And the best possible advice: Drink while you clean (But don’t drive).
You know how sometimes you come home after a few drinks and have a strange, overwhelming urge to clean everything? Channel that feeling. The best part is when you wake up the next day and are genuinely surprised and delighted at how clean everything is.
Many thanks to the folks at BuzzFeed for these surprising, simple tricks.
Now you have them…The 20 Simple Tricks for Spring Cleaning Made Easy.
We can almost say Happy Spring Cleaning!